We would like to keep you informed as to the estimated availability dates for your TD Ameritrade accounts’ 2020 tax forms.
To help make sure you receive your tax documents as soon as they are available, please sign up for electronic tax form delivery. You can sign up for e-delivery of tax documents by logging into www.advisorclient.com, then click My Profile > Communication Preferences. You can find the tax documents themselves on advisorclient.com when they are ready. You can simply click the appropriate document on the Statements & Tax Documents menu.
We have listed useful information below pertaining to the anticipated dates that 2020 Consolidated Form 1099s will be available to be viewed online.Timing of Available Tax Documentation
- Early Delivery of 1099s: Currently, we expect the first wave of 1099s to begin posting online on January 14, 2021 with client notifications going out shortly after. The second and third waves of original 1099s will be available on February 4, 2021 and February 11, 2021 respectively.
- 1099 Notification: Once these 1099s have been posted online, TD Ameritrade will notify you that they are available. Clients that have enrolled to receive their 1099s online, will also receive an e-mail notification addition.
- Clients should allow five to seven business days for mail delivery after these forms have been posted online.
- You held securities such as mutual funds, Unit Investment Trusts (UITs) or Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), which may reallocate payments (for example, from long-term capital gains to short-term capital gains) in January and beyond.
- You held an investment instrument that is considered to be a Widely Held Fixed Investment Trust (WHFIT), such as a Commodity Trust or Royalty Trust, where there is a possibility of additional information being provided by the company.